As experienced professional investigators, we are skilled in obtaining and analysing factual information, in accordance with procedural fairness and the rules of evidence, to provide a comprehensive, impartial and authoritative investigation report.
Retaining an independent investigator assists to alleviate conflict of interest concerns and perceptions of bias.
Verity Group combines specialist investigative skills with a practical knowledge of contemporary investigation principles to investigate matters expeditiously and fairly.
We are skilled and experienced in all types of investigations, including:
• Bullying, Harassment & Sexual Harassment
• Whistleblower & Grievances
• Serious Misconduct/Code of Conduct
• State Service investigations, such as ED5 and ED6
• Administrative & Merit Selection reviews
• Conflict of interest
• Workplace assault
• Inappropriate access/disclosure of records
• Misuse of property or resources
• OH&S and other policy breaches
• Workplace audits
• Workers compensation (including recovery and common law)
• General insurance (fraud, theft & arson)
• Public liability
• Litigation support
• Vehicle and workplace accidents
As Risk Management/WHS professionals, we assist clients with:
• Cultural/WHS reviews
• Preliminary assessments of grievances/complaints
• Provision of resources and technical advice to manage workplace issues and investigations
• Development/review of workplace behaviour/WHS policies and grievance/incident management procedures
• Training in various workplace topics such as bullying/harassment and discrimination
Under the SECURITY AND INVESTIGATIONS AGENTS ACT 2002, anyone conducting an investigation in Tasmania MUST hold a valid Tasmanian Inquiry Agent Licence, issued by the Department of Justice, in order to legally conduct the investigation. This includes workplace investigations.
Anyone retaining an Investigator must ensure the Investigator is appropriately licensed as it is an offence under the Act to engage an unlicensed person. We recommend to always ask an Investigator to present their Tasmanian Inquiry Agent license to ensure currency.
Contact our licensed professionals today for a free confidential consultation to discuss your requirements.